Sunday, May 5, 2013

See Me and the Red Flags


Red Flags, we all see them and we all ignore them. What were my red flags with See Me?  Love letters to another girl within our first 3 months of dating, lies about stupid things, and his need to be overly friendly to strangers.  After the Christmas gift incident things seemed to be getting a little better. With every day that passed I grew more in love with him. We were together almost all the time and he made me laugh. I was in love!!!

When you get sick or something bad happens it’s natural to want the one you love to be with you or show they care. That was not the case for me and See Me. I got sick one day and it lasted for a while. I was missing school and couldn’t dance (I was in dance school). I eventually had to go to the doctors and get surgery on my abdomen. While in recovery See Me called and I thought “Great, He’s checking on me” WRONG. See Me had the nerve to ask me what I was doing as if he didn’t know I was at the doctors, after I told him I just got out of surgery he says “I’m playing ball now, do you wanna go out later?” I couldn’t believe it. I’m in recovery and he didn’t even care. Now what I forgot to mention was, See Me was supposed to go to surgery with me, but didn’t at the last minute. So I was dumbstruck. Of course I told him “no I didn’t want to go out”. I should have ended then, but I thought “Maybe I’m being over dramatic and it’s not that big of a deal.” ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS….I wish I did

Jumping forward to college, See Me and I were being separated. He was going to IUP and I was going to Temple. I prepared myself for a hard long distance relationship. I tried to be the bigger person and told See Me that we could break up so that he could do his thing in college and when he came home we would be together. It was my way of protecting me from getting hurt and allowing him to be single his first year of college in case he really wasn’t ready for a committed relationship, See Me said no. He felt that he didn’t want anyone other than me and he didn’t need his freedom. He assured me that he was ready for a serious relationship and that we could make the long distance work. I was happy; he had a way out and didn’t take it. I thought it would work….WRONG

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment